QMA Insulin Administration Training Course
QMA Insulin Administration Training Course:
Per the Indiana State Department of Health’s website, effective 12/31/2019 (ISDH) – Division of Long Term Care is announcing the release of the Qualified Medication Aide (QMA) – Insulin Administration Education Module. This education module is approved to train current and future QMAs in the administration of insulin to residents in Indiana licensed healthcare facilities. The Insulin Administration Education Module must be conducted through an Indiana approved Qualified Medication Aide Training Program by an approved Program Director. The training must follow the approved curriculum.
The Insulin Administration Education Module is an OPTIONAL training for current and future QMAs. The training includes:
- 4-8 hours of classroom training following the state-approved curriculum
- 2-4 hours of practical training with 1:1 supervision of a licensed Registered Nurse
- Successful completion of skills competency checklist with 100% accuracy administered by the QMA training program approved Program Director
- Successful completion of a written competency examination administered by the state-approved testing entity.
- The approved QMA training program is responsible for maintaining a student file for each individual.