Important changes per Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH)
QUALIFIED MEDICATION AIDE CERTIFICATION RENEWAL
Your Qualified Medication Aide (QMA) Certification will expire on 03/31/2018
IMPORTANT CHANGES – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- QMA certifications will expire every 2 years and match your CNA expiration date.*
- The $10.00 QMA renewal fee is NO longer required.
- The QMA Record of Annual Inservice Training Form does NOT need to be sent to the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH).
- All QMA renewals MUST be done online.
- QMA Annual Inservice Training (6 hours) must be completed every year and kept by the QMA.
- The six (6) hours of QMA Inservice must be obtained annually between January and December. (Effective – 2018)
- The ISDH will continue to review of QMA Record of Annual Inservice Training. This will be done two ways: 1) a random selection of QMAs will be notified by the ISDH to submit their inservice form for review and 2) surveyors will review QMAs inservice form during annual or other surveys, as necessary.
- The facility should maintain a copy of QMA Record of Annual Inservice Training as relates to employment.
- If a QMA does not have a CNA, the QMA certification will expire every 2 years. EXAMPLE: Current QMA Expiration Date: 03/31/2018 – New QMA Expiration Date: 03/31/2020.
Questions please contact Nancy Gilbert at 317-233-7445 or email email@example.com.